How to Prepare for JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED Together?
JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are two tough terrains to conquer. Aspirants must put in the best effort, supported by meticulous planning, to score well and gain entry to some of the top engineering institutions in the country. The exams are conducted by two agencies, i.e. National Testing Agency (NTA) and IITs, making them unique in their own ways.
Here comes a question, can the preparations for JEE Main and JEE Advanced be done together?
Of course, you can, is the direct answer to this question. Determination, hard work, plan, and support from a professional coaching academy are the essential factors that would make the preparation effective. The patterns of questions are different in Mains and Advanced. However, it would not cause any issue if the approach were correct. Making it crucial to have a professional tutor and coaching academy guiding you correctly.
What are the Differences between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced?
As we stated in the introductory paragraph, the basic difference is with the conducting agencies. The JEE Mains is planned and conducted by NTA, whereas IITs are the authority for JEE Advanced.
1. Educational Institutions
JEE Mains is for enrolment to BE and BTech courses in NITs and other centrally-funded engineering colleges in India. However, JEE Advanced is for admissions to the elite IITs around the country. The pattern and difficulty level of the exams also differ accordingly.
2. Question Pattern of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced
The question pattern of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced is different. Hence, you will have to pursue different approaches for the exams. A common preparation may not be viable to score better grades.
3. Different Difficulty Levels
Both JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are difficult to crack. Nonetheless, JEE Advanced is observed to be tougher than JEE Mains. Almost all of the students want to enter the renowned IITs. Hence, it is quite evident that the selection process will focus on picking the most meritorious and academically elegant ones.
4. Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced
The student must have passed 10+2 exams, with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths, to appear for JEE Mains. For JEE Advanced, the marks scored in JEE Mains are considered. Those who score above a specified percentage only get the chance to attend the JEE Advanced. Consequently, around 25-30% of students who appear for JEE Mains qualify for JEE Advanced.
Preparing for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Together
JEE Advanced is the ultimate aim for the aspirants with a technical aptitude. It not only opens the gate to one of the highest valued technical qualifications but also opens up a sea of opportunities. Candidates with degrees from IITs can get highly paid jobs anywhere they wish.
It is better to prepare for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced together. The determinant approach from the student is vital for cracking the exams successfully. Note that, the number of seats available is about 10% of the total students appearing for JEE Advanced. That means, approximately 1.75 lakh students appear for the 13,853 seats in IITs.
We are elaborating on the steps you can pursue to prepare for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced together.
· Formulate a Preparation Schedule – Plan the work and work the plan. A properly formulated schedule is the foundation for result-oriented preparation. Guidance from professionals tutors will be helpful in planning the preparation for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced together.
· Identify the Books – Buying all the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced guides and textbooks is going to land you in trouble. Ambiguity concerning the right book to read can hamper preparation. Discuss with experienced teachers and identify the best guides and books for JEE exam preparations. Buy only those. Don’t spread too many books around you. It will, in fact, slow down your preparations.
· Confirm the Important Topics and Chapters – Confirm the most important chapters and topics. Give more time to imbibe the concepts and undertake enough practice. The allocated time may depend on the weightage of marks to those portions. For example, the important topics include Probability, Vector, Algebra, Integrals, 3D Geometry, and Limits. You can consult us if you want to have more info regarding the important topics and the methodology to understand the concepts thoroughly.
· Avoid Going to the Solutions Directly – Some students have this wrong method of going to the solutions directly. They check the solving method subsequently. It is a wrong practice, which must be avoided.
· Learn Shortcuts – It may not be possible to attend all the questions. The trick lies in attending to the maximum questions correctly. Knowing shortcuts that can help you solve puzzles and mathematical problems would be useful in answering quickly. Professional tutors can help you learn shortcuts that aid in reducing the time required for solving questions.
· Define an Exam Strategy – An exam strategy can help you prevent waste of time. Attending the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced with the uniquely devised strategy will be great for scoring better grades than others’ scores.
You can prepare for JEE Mains and Advanced together if you follow these points meticulously. You may require a positive push from a professional teacher. That’s why we suggest you join a proven JEE coaching institute right away.
Do you want to discuss more on JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exam preparations?
Our experienced tutors are ready to support you in your dream journey. Connect with us now.