NEET 2021 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When will the online application window for NEET (UG) 2021 be available?
The application window to apply online for NEET (UG) – 2021 is available between 13 July 2021 to 06 August 2021 (upto 11:50 pm)
2. What is the last date of submission of application fee?
Candidates can pay the application fee only online upto 07.08.2021 (11.50 p.m.).
3. How can a candidate submit the application fees?
The fees can be submitted only ONLINE upto 07 August 2021 (upto 11:50 pm) by using SBI/Canara/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Wallet and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference.
4. Can a candidate apply offline for NEET (UG) 2021?
No. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) – 2021 through “Online” mode only. Submission of the Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website https://neet.nta.nic.in/ . The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
5. What documents need to be uploaded during the online application form?
Candidate has to upload the scanned images of the following in JPG /PDF format only, for uploading the same as part of the submission of his/her online application:
• Latest Passport size Photograph in JPG format (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
• Post Card size photograph (4” X 6”) in JPG format (Size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
• Signature in JPG format (size: 4 kb to 30 kb)
• Left-hand thumb impression (In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb
being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used.) in JPG
format (file size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
• Class X passed certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
• Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) in PDF format (file size: 50 kb
to 300 kb)
• PwD certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
• Embassy/Citizenship certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
6. What document will be uploaded by OCI/Foreign/NRI candidates?
If a candidate opts for OCI/Foreign/NRI, then he needs to upload Embassy or Citizenship certificate.
7. What identity details to be given in the online application form? The candidates need to provide any one of the following identity details given below:
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all States||Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Admit Card issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Passport Number, Aadhaar (last 4 digits)|
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI||Passport Number/ Citizenship Certificate Number|
8. What will be the procedure in case payment is deducted and the Confirmation Page is not generated?
In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of the prescribed Fee, then the candidate should approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway integrator (in the helpline number and email given in Appendix- XVII of the Information Bulletin), for ensuring successful payment. Despite the above, if a successful transaction is not reflected on the Portal, the candidate may contact NTA Helpline. If the payment issue is still not resolved, the candidate may pay a second time. However, any duplicate payment received from the candidate by NTA in the course of said transactions will be refunded through the same payment mode through which the duplicate payment is received, after fee reconciliation by NTA.
9. Is there any provision for correction in Name/Mother Name/Father Name/DoB / State of Residence / Category / PwD/ Photograph / Signature uploaded
It is informed that a Facility for corrections in particulars in the online Application Form of NEET (UG)-2021 will be given to the candidates who have paid their fees and completed all the Steps for such corrections if any. The Correction in particulars of the Application Form will be done through the website only from 08 August 2021 to 12 August 2021. No correction will be allowed thereafter. Moreover, any changes in the correction have to be done online and cannot be sent in the form of hard copy/email /by hand /by post.
10. What is the application fee for the NEET (UG) – 2021?
Details of Fee Payment:
|Category of Candidate||In India (Fee in Rs.)|
11. What is the application fee for out side India?
The Application Fee for outside India is ₹ 7500/-
12. Which category will be opted by the candidate, in case the candidate falls under State list OBC-NCL and not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General?
State list OBC-NCL Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
13. When will the NEET (UG) 2021 exam be held?
NEET(UG) 2021 will be conducted on 12 September 2021.
14. What is the mode of the NEET(UG) 2021exam?
NEET (UG) – 2021 is a Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen.
15. what is the syllabus of NEET (UG) – 2021?
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by NMC. Moreover, to cater to different forms of reduction in the syllabus by various School Education Boards, the NTA has concluded the decision to give an option to select questions in Section “B” of each 4 (four) subjects.
16. What is the pattern of the exam?
The Test pattern of NEET (UG)-2021 is comprising of two Sections. Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions, Out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same. It is contemplated that, the pattern for the NEET (UG)-2021 Examination for admission in the Session 2021-22 is as follows:
17. What is the duration of the Test?
The duration of the test would be three (03) hours.
18. In how many languages NEET (UG) 2021 will be conducted:
NEET (UG) – 2021 will be conducted for the first time in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
19. What is the Medium of the Question Papers?
Candidates can opt for the Question Paper in any one of the following 13 languages
20. what is the minimum age criteria for NEET (UG) – 2021?
The candidate should complete 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical
21. Is there an maximum age limit for the NEET (UG) – 2021?
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates. However, the candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court (SLP (C) No. 14320/2018).
22. what is the Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats?
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% of All India Quota Seats.
23. What are the Qualifications to appear in the Test? To be eligible for NEET (UG) – 2021,
candidates need to refer to the Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes mentioned in Para 4.4, chapter 4 of the Information Bulletin https://ntaneet.nic.in/webinfo/File/GetFile?FileId=2&LangId=P of NEET (UG) 2021. Those candidates who have passed class XII should fill Code [02 to 07] against the column provided for the Qualifying Examination. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code numbers 02 to 07, then the candidate needs to furnish complete details under the column ‘others’. Candidates appearing in Class XII in 2021 should select a qualifying code as 01.
24. What are the facilities for PwD candidates to appear in the exam?
As per the Guidelines issued by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment from time to time on the subject: “Written Examination for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities”, a candidate with one of the benchmark disabilities [as defined in Section 2(r) of RPwD Act, 2016], holding a Disability Certificate is entitled to the following facilities:
a. The facility of the Scribe, in case he/she has a physical limitation and a scribe is essential to write the Examination on his/her behalf, being so certified by a CMO/Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Govt. Health Care Institution.
b. However, as a measure of caution and due to the prevailing circumstances of COVID-19 Pandemic, such a candidate is required to bring his/her own Scribe alongwith a Letter of Undertaking, for using their own scribe in the format.
c. Compensatory time of one hour for examination of three hours duration, whether such candidate uses the facility of Scribe or not.