NEET: List Of Top Medical Colleges In India
NEET UG News: Candidates preparing for NEET and seeking admission to undergraduate medical programs can check the list of state-wise top medical colleges as per the NIRF rankings.
NEET 2021: Every year, the Ministry of Education ranks educational institutions across the country, including medical colleges, in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). Admission to undergraduate medical programmes in India, including MBBS and BDS is offered based on the result of the qualifying exam – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2021. Date of the undergraduate medical entrance test is yet to be announced. Reports suggest that NEET 2021 could see major changes like multiple shifts, computer-based tests etc.
Whether these changes will be made or not will be known only after the announcement of NEET 2021 date. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ is likely to make an announcement regarding NEET on social media.
Candidates preparing for NEET 2021 and seeking admission to undergraduate medical programs can check the list of state-wise top medical colleges as per the NIRF 2020 rankings.
NIRF 2020: Top Medical Colleges In India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kochi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
- Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital, Chennai
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research, Chennai
- St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
- Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
- M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
- S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal West
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
For admission to UG medical programmes in India, candidates must qualify in NEET, meeting the required cut off marks. After qualifying, they will have to participate in the counselling process.