Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)
Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) is an entrance examination series for admissions to various professional degree courses conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams run by the Government of Kerala. KEAM is probably the only entrance test series in India that is conducted by a State Government in India directly. Since 2015 all engineering colleges in the state are affiliated to KTU which is a state-run technological university. In 2016, any KEAM disqualified candidates has to write KEE exam systematized by private engineering colleges association to be able to apply for seats under management quota.
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates can check the following requirements which constitute the eligibility criteria of KEAM 2021. Before filling out the application form, the candidates are advised to check their eligibility. If a candidate is found to be ineligible, then they will not be allotted any seats in the participating institutes.
- Candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- However, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also be termed eligible for KEAM 2021. These candidates will not be eligible for reservation.
- Candidates have to belong to one of the following
categories – Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) or Non-Keralite Category II (NK II). To prove the domicile, the candidates will be required to submit certain documents.
- As per KEAM eligibility criteria 2021, the candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on December 2021.
- No maximum age limit.
- Should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or equivalent exam with minimum 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- If the candidate has not studied Chemistry during 12th standard, then the marks of Computer Science will be considered. Further, if the candidate has also not studied Computer Science along with Chemistry, then the marks in Biotechnology will be considered by the authorities. Finally, if the candidate has not studied any of the given subjects, the scores of Biology will be considered.
- Candidates should have secured minimumaggregate marks of 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Chemistry is an optional subject whereas Physics and Mathematics are compulsory.
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Keralite Category
- If the candidates are originally from Kerala, they will be categorised as Keralite.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre will also be categorised as Keralites but such candidates will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
- Those candidates who do not fall under Keralite category but meet the given conditions will be considered for admissions under the Non-Keralite Category I (NK I).
- Candidates who do not hail from Kerala but have completed their 8 to 12th standard in Kerala.
- Candidates who have qualified their qualifying examination in Kerala and their Non-Keralite parents, a Government of India/ Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Who have completed their qualifying courses from Kerala and their Non- Keralite parents who are serving or served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- Those candidates who do not belong to Kerala but are residents of Kerala and have completed a minimum of 5 years of their study out of 12 years in the state.
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)
- Candidates of this category will be eligible for admission to government and management quota seats in B.Tech programmes offered by government-controlled self-financing colleges and private self-financing engineering.
- However, the students must note that candidates belonging to this category will get admission in the above given institutions only when the Keralite and Non- Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
- Students must note that Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession will not be given to candidates belonging to this category.
Note: Candidates who belong to any of the three categories given above will be admitted in respect of seats reserved for the nominees of Government of India, Administration of Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Administration and Jammu & Kashmir.
List of Documents as Proof of Eligibilityfor Keralite Category:
- Original copy of Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the candidate showing the birth place in Kerala OR
- Original copy of Secondary School Leaving Certificate of any of the parent of the candidate denoting their birth place to be Kerala along with corroborative certificate that establishes a relationship between the candidate and the parent OR
- Original copy of Passport of the candidate issued by the Government of India showing birth place to be Kerala or passport of any of the parent showing their birth place to be Kerala along with a supporting document establishing the parent’s relationship with the child OR
- Birth certificate from a competent authority (Panchayat/ Municipality/ Corporation) showing the candidate’ birthplace to be Kerala or birth certificate of any of the parent of the candidate along with a supporting document that establishes candidate’s relationship with the parent OR
- Certificate from Tahsildar/ Village Officer denoting that the candidate or either of the parents was born in Kerala. Students will have to attach the document along with the printed application form in the prescribed format OR
- Certificate from a competent authority stating that the candidate’s parent is an All-India Service officer allotted to Kerala cadre.
For Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
- Certificate issued by the employer in the prescribed format from the Head of the organisation, where the parent of the candidate is serving/ served, along with a Certificate showing School studies in Kerala for Standards XI & XII from the head of the institution where the candidate has studied OR
- Certificate of residence from the Tahsildar/ Village Officer stating that the candidate has lived in Kerala for a period of 5 years within a period of 12 years of the candidate’s studying period OR
- Certificate from the Head(s) of the educational institution(s) in Kerala stating that the candidate has studied in Kerala from Std. VIII to XII. Students must note that the certificate has to be submitted in the prescribed format along with the application form.
For Non-Keralites Category II (NK II):
- For the candidates belonging to Non-Keralites Category II, they will have to produce a Certificate of Completion of Qualifying Examination in the prescribed format or their Passport issued by Government of India to prove their Indian citizenship.
KEAM Application Form 2021
- The candidates will be able to access the application form of KEAM 2021 tentatively from the first week of February. The application form will be available only in online mode. While filling out the application form, the candidates will have to submit their personal, academic and contact details. If the application form is not submitted before the final date, then the candidates will not be allowed to participate in the admission process.